How to buy a silencer
THE 41 STATES THAT CURRENTLY ALLOW CIVILIAN OWNERSHIP OF SILENCERS ARE:SILENCERS ARE REGULATED UNDER THE NATIONAL FIREARMS ACT (NFA) OF 1934, WHICH IS A BRANCH OF THE BUREAU
OF ALCOHOL, TOBACCO, FIREARMS AND
EXPLOSIVES (BATFE). TO LEGALLY PURCHASE OR POSSESS A SILENCER YOU MUST:
If you live in South Carolina we will handle the transfer for you.
- If using a trust or other entity, add the desired NFA item and accessories to your cart. Also add the NFA TAX item seen here. Once your purchase is complete, email a copy of your signed and notarized trust to firstname.lastname@example.org or simply reply to your order confirmation with a copy of your trust. THAT'S ALL. WE do the rest for you.
- If purchasing as an individual, add the desired NFA item and accessories to your cart. Once your order is processed, we will mail you the form 4 to complete and have your CLEO sign. Detailed instructions will be provided, and you can always contact us with questions.
- Current Form 4 processing times are 4-6 months.
If you live outside South Carolina, follow these easy steps.
- First, check to insure that the NFA item you desire is legal in your state. This website has a very good tool for that. Another option is to check with your state Attorney General Office.
- Next, you'll need to insure there is a dealer close to you who has paid their Special Occupation Tax, and is willing to handle the transfer from us to you. If you need help finding one let us know. Most dealers typically charge $25-100 for this service so be sure to factor that into your budget.
- When you are ready to purchase, add the desired NFA item and accessories to your cart and checkout. Put your transfer dealer's info in the "Shipping Address" section, or in the notes. We will file a form 3 to transfer the item to your local dealer. Once they have received it, they will begin the transfer to you by filing a form 4. At this time, you will be required to pay the necessary $200 transfer tax.
- Current Form 3 processing time is approximately 45 days. Current Form 4 processing times are 4-6 months.
There are no products to list in this category.